Friday, January 18, 2013

Gender Neutral Baby Card

I have not used the Glassy Glaze from Stampin UP yet. I kinda' forgot about to tell you the truth. It has been discontinued so I will have to find a replacement when this jar is gone. 

I was asked to make a gender neutral baby card. 

Yellow and green colors came to mind. So I assembled my supplies and got to work.


I opened the ink pad and pressed it onto the white cardstock. If you look closely you can see the texture of the pad.  Then I pressed the VersaMark pad over the inked cardstock. I sprinkled the Glassy Glaze on the cardstock over the VersaMark, then used the heat gun to melt the powder.  I stamped a star onto the back of the glazed cardstock.  Then fussy cut it out. 



I had already done the same procedure for the Pear Pizzazz. You can see it in the background.

I like the effect of mixing the two colors. I used the opened ink pads on the cardstock, overlapping the colors. You can see the lines from the edge of the Pear Pizzazz pad.

I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on a strip of white cardstock. Turned it over so that the indention of the dots is what shows. I stepped outside the box on this one, normally you would want the raised dots to show.

Here is the finished gender neutral baby card.






Stampin UP! Supplies
Ink - Daffocil Delight, Pear Pizzazz
Extras - Glassy Glaze emboss powder, VersaMark
Craft Store Supplies
Cardstock - white

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. Remember to live, laugh, love and create. Have a great day!