Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Challenge

Sympathy cards and masculine cards are difficult for me to make. How about you? What do you find challenging to the point of screaming in frustration?

(did I just admit to that?)

I like the layout and the colors on this card.  I think it fits well for a sympathy card. But, something was "off".

(Rough Draft)

So I changed the ribbon, and sponged the edges of the cardstock. 


*sigh* I do believe that is much better.


I started off stamping the sentiment and punching it out.  I wanted just a little color to define the edges of the patterned paper, so I just ran the edge of the paper over the ink pad.


I attached the patterned paper (3" x 3", then cut into 1" strips) onto a piece of Very Vanilla (3 1/4" x 4 1/2"). 

Then attached this layer to a piece of Soft Suede (4" x 5 1/4"), then finished it off by attaching the Soft Suede onto the card base of Very Vanilla (4 1/4"x5 1/2", which is an 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock cut in half).  




(I realized at 10 p.m. last night as I was writing this post, that I focused on the Thanks card and not the sympathy card. That's what I get for staying up past my bedtime. lol) 

Cardstock - Very Vanilla (card base 4 1/4"x51/2", Soft Suede
Ink - Soft Suede
Stamps - Thank You Kindly
(sympathy stamp is from a local craft store)
Patterned Paper - Spring Silhouettes (3"x3", then cut into 1" strips)
Ribbon - Beachfront
(ribbon in first picture was given to me)
Punch - Decorative Label, Corner Rounder





7 comments:

  1. I love those colors together. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This is definitely a color combo I will use again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and just the slightest additions can make all the difference on how a card looks. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all are sweet, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Tammy! Love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Remember to live, laugh, love and create. Have a great day!